Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 21, 2013

NYC Spotlight!

                                                                                Hi Everyone!
                                           How are y'all doing? The weekend has flown by! Hasn't it?



So this Sunday's post will be a....NYC spotlight. I have made it a mission to find holy grail products at the drugstore. I think high-end products are awesome....every now and then...a luxury(for me). If we can find products that actually work well for us inexpensively.....why not. Lately I have been exploring WetNWild,and NYC. I wanted to share a few things with y'all! Some of these are new.




* Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
I just want to start out by saying.....WOW. I LOVE this foundation! I almost didn't get this knowing that I have oily/combo skin. I often stay away from anything with the word smooth/smoothing in it, but it was $3. I am so glad that I went ahead and got it. When I first opened it to check it out, I was kinda worried. I tried to pour it out to test....nothing lol. This stuff is thick,and whats funny is on the bottle it says shake well. There is no shaking this foundation. I had to get it out with a q-tip. When you do actually get it out ....awesome. This goes on so smooth, blends easy, covers good, medium coverage. The formula does take a little bit longer to set on the skin though. I wore a primer,and set it with a powder. This to my shock actually stayed on my face throughout my day very well. I am not sure if it would fair as well without the primer/powder,but I always have to use both with any foundation. Come to think of it....that would be a great challenge to find a foundation with no need to prime or set. This foundation will not oxidize,and it did not break me out. I am in the shade Nude,and it matches me almost perfectly. A lot of times makeup brands will make outrageous claims for a product. Everything on this bottle for me is pretty much truth(except shake well! ;). Here is what the bottle says....
Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
with vitamins A and E
677 Nude
lightweight blendable formula, flawless coverage.
for all skin types* oil free* Dermatologist tested
Non-comedogenic * Shake well

On a side note
I think the reason this didn't break me out,and lasted is the kaolin that is in there. Kaolin is a clay mineral,and is used in a lot of beauty masks to clear pores,and absorb oil. Also the fact that it is oil free helps.
all of the NYC products I am talking about do not contain parabens in the ingredients. Some of there products do have them though.







*Plumping Lipgloss Big Bold NYC *New

These are new and I got the shades Extra Large Latte(left),and Magnified Mauve(right)

I love both of the colors!
I just wanted to show you how big this applicator was,and it has a small well/indention at the top.
I like these. They go on smooth, not sticky, nice amount of color. Like most other plumping lip glosses there is a bit of tingle not much tough. I do think these make the lips look a little fuller. The scent is baby powderish $4






* Ultra Moist Lipwear

These are definitely moisturizing. They are very pretty colors. I just wish they had some color options that were not so frosty. These and the WetNWild moisture lipsticks are all frost finish. I like the NYC ones better though they have more moisture, feel better on, smell sweet.






*Long wearing Nail Enamel
Fuchsia Glamour ...Fuchsia?

Tudor City Teal

I don't think there is really anything that great about these nail polishes. They don't seem to be long wearing. The formula is very thin as well as the brush which makes it hard to apply without streaks. $.99 though :(






*High Definition Liquid Eyeliner * I think this is New ;)

I love this! I think felt tip pen liners are the easiest to use especially doing winged liner.I'm not sure what the high definition is all about. This says...Lasts up to 10 hours, high precision,felt tip fine pen applicator, easy to apply. This does last a long time...in the heat to,but I'm not sure about 10hrs...maybe. I do agree with everything they claim on the product though. I loved it when I first used, but was a little disappointed with the color it just wasn't as black as I would have liked. I looked the liner up on there website,and realized that there are two colors..lol extra black, and soft black which is what I got duh. I will now go and get extra black and be completely  happy with this eyeliner. Winner!  $4





*Big Bold Curl Mascara * New



I should have known better! I can not do volumizing mascara's,and this brush is bigger than most. My short little lashes did not stand a chance. If you have long,straight,sparse lashes maybe this would be good,but for me it was a fail. I don't think this actually gives curl either. It made my lashes blacker,and not much else. This is just my opinion though for my type of lashes. 
I loved the NYC Mascara called Instant lash,but I don't think they carry it in the line anymore. I'm sure what they did is renamed and repackaged that mascara into Sky Rise Lengthing Mascara,so they could charge a dollar more for it...lol tricky tricky. 

I hope you all like my little spotlight.I will probably do more spotlights on other brands in the future!
Wonderful week ahead to you,and I will talk to y'all next time!
Thank you for stopping by! :) xo!




















2 comments: